Our Special Children Committee has a packed schedule on the horizon. They would love all of our participation and in some cases, they could use volunteers. Mary Karafa can be reached via text: (732) 429-8578. Check out the list below!
1) On Tuesday, June 26 and Thursday, June 28, we will have Movie Night! Doors open at 6:00; the feature film will begin at 6:30 PM. Beverages and snacks will be served. Open to all special-needs children, teens and young adults of Woodbridge Twp. and their siblings and parents/guardians, and to all children/grandchildren of Woodbridge Elks Lodge #2116 members. Tuesday night is geared towards younger children, while Thursday is for older children/teens/young adults. All guests must have appropriate supervision - no drop-offs allowed. FREE to all - but donations will gladly be accepted! RSVP's preferred! Contact Mary Karafa by text at (732)429-8578 or call (732)750-9172 (landline - leave message). Please pass this information along to any people or groups that you think might be interested. I will be sending a flyer under separate cover. I NEED HELP!!! I would like to have 5 people with me from 5PM - 10PM each day to set up, serve, supervise, clean up. If you can only do an hour or two, that will be fine. PLEASE LMK!
2) The NJ State Elks Association - Special Children's Committee (NJSEA-SCC) as sponsoring a BATTER'S UP! Invitational Meet on Saturday, June 23, 9:00 a.m. at the North Wall Little League Complex (5 minutes from Exit 98 of Parkway). Open to special-needs persons of all ages! Batters will hit from a tee and distances will be recorded. To be followed (at approximately 11:30) by Hotdogs and Hamburgers and drinks at the Asbury Park-Wall Elks Lodge #128 in Neptune. I will be attending with Erika. RSVP's preferred (even if it is only a maybe). Contact Mary Karafa by text (732)429-8578 or call (732)750-9172 (landline - leave message). I will send you a flyer under separate cover, as well as a registration form. Note: players must bring a copy of their birth certificate!
3) On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, our SCC is running the 50/50 at the Mayor's Summer Concert at Woodbridge High School. The band will be The Guthrie Brothers. I need 10-15 people to help out from 6:30-8:30. Some people will be walking around selling tickets, while others will have "sitting-down" jobs at the table, counting money, ripping tickets, etc. This is an easy opportunity to make $600-$1200 for our Committee, so the more people helping out, the more money we should be able to take in. Please lmk if you can help.
4) On Sunday, July 22, 2018, our lodge will be traveling to Camp Moore to cook dinner for the campers and staff, along with other Lodges from the Central District. As of now we are asked to be there for 5:00pm. Camp Moore is about an hour away. We can carpool. Non-Elks are welcome (such a spouses/adult family members). Hopefully some of you can come and help out - it is a tremendous day and opportunity to see this wonderful camp!
5) The NJSEA-SCC is selling "calendar raffles" to support the endowment fund of Camp Moore. For a cost of $20, you get 130 chances to win between $50 - $100!. The raffle begins July 2 and runs through the end of December. I will have them at the Movie Nights or you can contact me otherwise if you would like one (or two or three or more!)